Healthy India picture for Sony
Registers healthy profits, to offer 500 jobs this fiscal.April 25, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sony India is clocking healthy profits as compared to its parent company in Japan. Also on cards is the hiring of 500 people in the current financial year.
"The situation in India is different from the other global markets, where Sony is witnessing pressure. We are having strong growth and healthy profits. Considering both permanent and contract workers, we are at present employing a total of 3,300 people in India. This number will go up to 3,800 by March, 2013" said Masaru Tamagawa, Managing Director, Sony India, Indian operations are the fifth largest for Sony globally after Japan, the US, China and Brazil. Moving a little behind Brazil, they plan to overtake the Brazilian market in the next two years. Sony India's growth is primarily led by three divisions -Bravia range of televisions, Vaio branded computers and digital imaging products like Cyber-shot cameras.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India