Healthy India picture for Sony
Registers healthy profits, to offer 500 jobs this fiscal.April 25, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sony India is clocking healthy profits as compared to its parent company in Japan. Also on cards is the hiring of 500 people in the current financial year.
"The situation in India is different from the other global markets, where Sony is witnessing pressure. We are having strong growth and healthy profits. Considering both permanent and contract workers, we are at present employing a total of 3,300 people in India. This number will go up to 3,800 by March, 2013" said Masaru Tamagawa, Managing Director, Sony India, Indian operations are the fifth largest for Sony globally after Japan, the US, China and Brazil. Moving a little behind Brazil, they plan to overtake the Brazilian market in the next two years. Sony India's growth is primarily led by three divisions -Bravia range of televisions, Vaio branded computers and digital imaging products like Cyber-shot cameras.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019