Hidesign: Flagship Store in Pondicherry
Hidesign has recently announced the opening of its flagship store
July 16, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hidesign has recently announced the opening of its flagship store, a majestic structure in the heart of Pondicherry. An impressive piece of architecture, Hidesign’s new store is one of India’s largest concept stores to be set up by a luxury brand.
Spread over four sprawling levels, the store showcases the values of the iconic leather brand: luxury, heritage, craftsmanship, and warmth - all of it “au naturel”.
As you climb up to the first level, you notice space, and clean sparse displays for Hidesign’s latest collection. While the second level showcases Hidesign’s men’s bags, one needs only to stroll up to level 3 to get a spotlight on Hidesign’s travel section. Beautifully displayed on teak wood and brass shelves, the travel bags and jackets show you what travelling in style is all about.
The highlight of the new store is its ornate facade - a breathtaking wall of ornamental filigree work in gold, reminiscent of displays in all Hidesign stores.
The Hidesign Lounge on level 4 rounds off your trip to Hidesign’s flagship store. While the soon to launch in-house café on the top floor gives you a bird’s eye view of Pondicherry’s busy streets, its hand picked menu and wine & cheese platters regale you with local flavors and Hidesign’s taste for the good life.
The new store aims to curate some of the most significant milestones from Hidesign’s past through museum pieces strewn across the store. These museum pieces include the first hand bag ever designed by Hidesign, the “mini collection” made by Hidesign and the boxy bags that won Hidesign the ‘Accessory of the Year’ award.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG