Hidesign goes to Nepal with 1st store
The store is located in the heart of Nepalís commercial district Pulchowk
July 29, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hidesign, the luxury leather brand with a presence of about 60 independent stores across India has announced the opening of its first exclusive store at Kathmandu, Nepal. The Hidesign store is located in the heart of Nepal’s commercial district Pulchowk.
“Hidesign is increasingly focusing on expansion into the countries neighbouring India,” says Vikas Kapur, International Director. “Residents of these neighbouring countries read the same magazines, travel frequently to India and as a result are already aware of the Hidesign brand. In addition, these countries are seeing strong growth, as opposed to the developed markets in Europe and the United States.” Sri Lanka, Hidesign has been present for a long time across multiple locations in Colombo and Pellawate. Bangladesh is another key market on Hidesign’s radar. “Bangladesh is a very interesting market,” says Vikas Kapur. “Its growth rate is strong, it has a young and very large population, and it is important to enter the market at an early stage so as to develop brand recognition.”
Hidesign also has exclusive stores at Carmel USA, Ha Noi Vietnam, Johannesburg South Africa, Moscow Russia, Montego Bay Jamaica and Berlin Germany.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn