Hidesign participates in TFWA, Singapore
Mr. Dilip Kapur, President of Hidesign participated in a panel on Indian airport retail at the event
June 29, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hidesign is pleased to announce its recent participation in the TFWA 2011 Singapore exhibition. Tax Free World Association (TFWA) is the World’s largest duty free and travel retail association. At the fair, Hidesign’s participation consisted of both a 15 square-meter custom-made exhibition space as well as the President of Hidesign, Mr. Dilip Kapur’s participation in a panel on Indian airport retail.
Vikas Kapur, Hidesign’s International Director, said, “We have performed well at the Indian airports, and as part of our international growth strategy we are looking at expanding our presence at the world’s leading airports. It’s a difficult and niche business, but the rewards in terms of sales and brand visibility are great.”
Hidesign already has a presence in several international airports including airports in Australia and UK, and is in discussions for a presence either through a stand-alone store or a counter space in airports in Malaysia, Fiji, Maldives and several European countries.
Mr. Alain Maingreaud, Managing Director of TFWA, while commenting on Hidesign’s participation stated, “We were delighted to welcome the Hidesign brand for the first time in May 2011 for the TFWA Asia Pacific exhibition in Singapore. The presence of premium Indian brands among the exhibitors enhances the image of our event among duty free and travel retail industry buyers in the Asia Pacific region. The design and layout of Hidesign’s exhibition space from this very first participation were perfectly in line with the high quality image of the TFWA Asia Pacific exhibition and contributed to the success of the event.”
In India, Hidesign operates stores in the Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad domestic airports as well at the Hyderabad and Cochin international airports. Hidesign is also present in shop-in shops at the Bangalore domestic and international, Mumbai international and Hyderabad domestic airports.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India