Hip Street forays into India
The company is aiming to invest 10 million $ over the next 5 years for the Indian market
June 23, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hip Street, a global company specialized in Consumer Electronics and related products have forayed into the Indian market. The company is going to make its full array of IT peripherals , telecom and lifestyle digital accessories available in the Indian market. Formed in 2002 in Canada, the company is also an exclusive Licensee from Disney for certain products in India. Model Claudia Ciesla has been roped in as its brand Ambassador, representing the company’s entire global business.
The company has already had three industry veterans on board namely Sukhesh Madaan, Sandeep Ramani and Sanjeev Ariaratnam as GM – South East Asia, Country Manager – India and Country Manager – Sri Lanka respectively.
“We have been steadily expanding our presence across the globe and India is yet another significant milestone in our rapidly growing international footprint. Our entry into the Indian market allows us to cement our commitment to the region and work more closely with our customers and partners in this all important market,” informed Mohit Kriplani, president, Hip Street.
In its first year of operation, Hip Street is looking at expanding the channel partner base. It has signed up Global Infonet and Fortune Marketing to make their products available across channel and LFRs. The company is also looking at making an investment of 10 million $ over the next 5 years.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years