Hitachi Expects India To Be Its 3rd Largest Market By 2021
Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning India which reported a turnover of Rs 1,971.58 crore in 2016-17 is expecting to double the figure to around Rs 4,000 crore by 2021-22January 12, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hitachi Air Conditioning expects India to be its third largest market by 2021 on the back of expansion of its product portfolio and sales network.
The company is also aiming to double its India sales to around Rs 4,000 crore in three years. Currently, India is its fourth largest market, behind China, North America and Japan.
Howard Lang firm's VP Global Sales, Marketing and Channel Development said “India is the fourth biggest current market for us. It’s growing very fast here and our ambition is to bring that to number three. At the growth rate which has been presented, we would see India probably number three by 2021.
The company, a JV between US-based Johnson Controls and Hitachi, Japan, looks at India as an important market, where it is the third most selling AC brand.
Company’s COO Shinichi Iizuka said “India is a big market for us and we would continue to invest here in manufacturing, sales and marketing.
Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning India, which reported a turnover of Rs 1,971.58 crore in 2016-17, is expecting to double the figure to around Rs 4,000 crore by 2021-22.
Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning India Managing Director Gurmeet Singh said “We have a growth target of roughly 15 per cent this year but till 2021 we target to reach double of our sales. We are available at 8,500 outlets today and we aim to go to around 11,000 by the end of this year”.
Presently, tier-I cities contribute around 65 per cent of its sales, while the rest 35 per cent is from tier II and III markets.
- Havells posts Q1 net profit at Rs 210 cr
- Bata India reports 37% rise in Q1 2018-19 Net profit to Rs 82.6 crore
- Canon India expands retail footprint in Mumbai
- Bajaj Electricals is expecting a growth of over 25% in Lighting segment
- Flipkart and Hotstar come together to announce a new ad platform
- Yaantra sells 500k refurbished smartphones
- V Mart embraces PeopleStrong Alt to empower digital HR
- Amazon Prime Days register 35% surge from small towns
- Select CITYWALK adds Japanese luxury brand Onitsuka Tiger to its brand portfolio
- Milkbasket launches voice buying