HomeShop18 acquires Coinjoos
The partnership is believed to take the books business to reach new heights
August 05, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
E-commerce portal Homeshop18.com has acquired online books retailer coinjoos.com to strengthen its position in books, music and movies segment. Coinjoos.com is a niche player in the books, music and movies segment with a library of over 10 million books. This acquisition will help HopeShop18.com to focus on the book business and tap the market using the technology and resources of the former.
"We are delighted to announce this acquisition. Our vision is to be the largest e-commerce company in India and we are investing heavily in cutting edge technology, warehousing and logistics capabilities to provide a world-class online shopping experience to Indian consumers. Books are the key focus area for us," said Sundeep Malhotra, CEO, HomeShop18 in a statement.
"Books as a category is essential for an e-commerce business as it attracts a niche set of customers online and at the same time, helps boost repeat transactions. We are working towards launching a world-class online book store in the next few months," he added.
Nitin Gupta, CEO of Coinjoos.com, feels the partnership will help the books business to reach new heights.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021