Homestead launches organic products in Kerala
FTAK is a collective of over 4,500 organic farmers based in Kannur, Kasaragod, Wyanad and Kozhikode districts and also the largest collective of organic farmers in the state.June 13, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Elements Homestead Products today launched organic commodities, sourced from Fair Trade Alliance Kerala (FTAK), in the state.
FTAK is a collective of over 4,500 organic farmers based in Kannur, Kasaragod, Wyanad and Kozhikode districts and also the largest collective of organic farmers in the state.
In the first phase, the products -- virgin coconut pil, coconut oil, cashewnuts and filter coffee powder -- would be available in 500 retail shops in Ernakulam, Thirssur and Alapuzha, Managing Director of the Kozhikode-based firm, Tomy Mathew told reporters here.
The products would be launched under the brand name of Elements.
By Onam, the products would be available in about 2,000 retail outlets in Kerala, Mathew said.
The products are presently available in 8 European countries, besides US, Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong and its total exports earnings last year was Rs 35 lakh, he added.
By launching these products in the domestic market, FTAK expects to increase the number of member farmers from the current 4,500 to 10,000 and the total area of land under organic farming to 30,000 acres, FTAK Chairman Thomas Kalappura said.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021