IAM retail workshop
Innovative Strategies for Success in Retail.February 29, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Institute of Apparel Management (IAM), an institute of apparel management promoted by Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) and sponsored by the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, recently organised a workshop titled “Innovative Strategies for Success in Retail”.
The workshop saw the launch of two new Professional Upgradation Programmes by IAM on setting up the fashion business and on strategic fashion and luxury retailing. Both these courses have been introduced for shaping industry professionals who are working in multi-brand luxury retail and aspire to achieve significant positions in the sector.
Various important issues were addressed by prominent panelists pertaining to fashion retail, like fashion and innovation for exports and retail, challenges and opportunities in the Indian retail industry and what can be done to improve the conditions. With a booming retail market and FDI on cards, it has become imperative for existing retailers, retail companies and professionals to review their business strategies to grow and survive in the future landscape. Also, with the wide array of brands penetrating the Indian retail sector and the smart consumers existing on the block, the workshop proved fruitful for professionals within this business.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021