IAM retail workshop
Innovative Strategies for Success in Retail.February 29, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Institute of Apparel Management (IAM), an institute of apparel management promoted by Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) and sponsored by the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, recently organised a workshop titled “Innovative Strategies for Success in Retail”.
The workshop saw the launch of two new Professional Upgradation Programmes by IAM on setting up the fashion business and on strategic fashion and luxury retailing. Both these courses have been introduced for shaping industry professionals who are working in multi-brand luxury retail and aspire to achieve significant positions in the sector.
Various important issues were addressed by prominent panelists pertaining to fashion retail, like fashion and innovation for exports and retail, challenges and opportunities in the Indian retail industry and what can be done to improve the conditions. With a booming retail market and FDI on cards, it has become imperative for existing retailers, retail companies and professionals to review their business strategies to grow and survive in the future landscape. Also, with the wide array of brands penetrating the Indian retail sector and the smart consumers existing on the block, the workshop proved fruitful for professionals within this business.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO