IIPM & Planman Media conclave held
IIPM along with Planman Media today organised
September 18, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
IIPM along with Planman Media today organised a conclave at India International Centre, New Delhi based on ‘Retail Industry Issues and Strategy for the Future’. The panelist present in the discussions were—Deepak Mowar, VP, Hotels & Retail, Parsvnath Developers Ltd; Rahul Dravid, co-founder of Indian Retail Services; Aloke Mukherjee, Head of Academics, Indian Retail School; Vineet Kanaujia, GM-Marketing, Safexpress—to name a few.
Discussion was presided by Mr Deepak Mowar who shared his views with the audience on ‘Are we out of the recession?’ He emphasised on the need for government stimulus plans in exports, real estate sectors to boost the growth map. At the end, he added, “ The need of the hour is to build strong self content economy as a whole.”
Mr Rahul Dravid discussed the wide range of opportunities available in today’s retail environment. Vineet Kanujia, Safexpress laid emphasis on the supply logistics which forms the backbone of the whole retail business.The conclave ended with the gift of token to all the panelists.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India