IKEA first store in UP
Aims to set up four manufacturing units here alsoNovember 25, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Stockholm-based IKEA plans to set up its first store in the country in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and this foreign retail also intends to set up four manufacturing units here, with the first one in the Noida - Greater Noida belt.
Striking a similar view, Surya Pratap Singh, Principal Secretary, Infrastructure and Industrial Development Department (IIDD), who in a recent statement highlighted, that this overseas player plans to set up four stores here and Uttar Pradesh is the priority.
However, no definitive investment plans have been announced by this retailer vis-a-vis its store chain in the country, highlight industry sources.
Jeff Dolin, property manager, IKEA, in a media statement, said, “By 2020, the company plans to double its turnover and the same is possible via tapping the large consumer base of the Indian market.”
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2