IKEA first store in UP
Aims to set up four manufacturing units here alsoNovember 25, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Stockholm-based IKEA plans to set up its first store in the country in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and this foreign retail also intends to set up four manufacturing units here, with the first one in the Noida - Greater Noida belt.
Striking a similar view, Surya Pratap Singh, Principal Secretary, Infrastructure and Industrial Development Department (IIDD), who in a recent statement highlighted, that this overseas player plans to set up four stores here and Uttar Pradesh is the priority.
However, no definitive investment plans have been announced by this retailer vis-a-vis its store chain in the country, highlight industry sources.
Jeff Dolin, property manager, IKEA, in a media statement, said, “By 2020, the company plans to double its turnover and the same is possible via tapping the large consumer base of the Indian market.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021