ITC Lifestyle considers Tier II & III towns
ITC Lifestyle, the lifestyle and retail arm of ITC is targeting consumers in small town India to boost sales of its various brands such as John Players and Wills Lifestyle to cash in on the prosperi
March 25, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
ITC Lifestyle, the lifestyle and retail arm of ITC is targeting consumers in small town India to boost sales of its various brands such as John Players and Wills Lifestyle to cash in on the prosperity of the booming middle class. The company is also planning to expand the women’s range in Wills Lifestyle that now contributes more than 30 per cent of the division’s sales.
“Though the key metros continue to be our focus for expansion, we are seeing good demand in the second and third tier towns,” said Atul Chand, divisional chief executive, ITC, Lifestyle & Business division.
The company is stepping up its focus on exclusive branded outlets for its John Players brand. “The brand has a network of more than 220 exclusive stores and over 1,200 multi-brand outlets across the country. Nearly 60 per cent of our sales, however, come from the exclusive brand outlets (EBOs). We will increase the number of EBOs to 300 in this financial year,” said Chand.
The company hopes that the substantial increase in the number of EBOs will help John Players double its growth rate to 25 per cent this year from 12 per cent last year.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021