ITC Lifestyle to expand extensively
ITC Lifestyle, the lifestyle and retail arm of ITC, is all set to aggressively expand it brands - John Players and Wills Lifestyle. The company is aiming to double the Wills Lifestyle network to 100 s
May 05, 2010 | comments ( 5 ) |
ITC Lifestyle, the lifestyle and retail arm of ITC, is all set to aggressively expand it brands - John Players and Wills Lifestyle. The company is aiming to double the Wills Lifestyle network to 100 stores in the next 18 months.
It is focusing to set its footprint in tier-II markets through the franchising model.
The brand John Players is receiving well with growing consumer interest and its retail presence will be scaled up by adding 100 exclusive stores to take the total to over 300.
Atul Chand, divisional chief executive, Lifestyle Retail Business, ITC Ltd, said that the company is making effort to make fashion more accessible to people as it targets multiple consumer segments, enter new geographies, open more stores and make the products more appealing. A key strategy is to continuously leverage ITC synergies.
He said that the new locations for John Player will be a combination of new cities as well as cities in which John Players is already present. The presence will be enhanced in towns with over 10 lakh population, where the company will be adding 30 outlets and 40,000 sq.ft space.
He further added Wills Lifestyle and John Players are leading brands in their respective segments. The company intends to grow by 20-25 per cent over last financial year.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India