ITC plans for more outlets of John Players
ITC is planning to open more John Players exclusive stores. The brand is increasing the number of stores to 300 by this month-end from 225 earlier. But once bitten by overzealous expansion, ITC is now
March 29, 2010 | comments ( 21 ) |
ITC is planning to open more John Players exclusive stores. The brand is increasing the number of stores to 300 by this month-end from 225 earlier. But once bitten by overzealous expansion, ITC is now careful about where it sets foot. It does not want to shut shop as it had to do with 30 stores in the last two years.
With an estimated size of Rs 4,000 crore, the mid-priced menswear segment ranges from Rs 800- 1,500 per item and has regional players such as Turtle, private labels of large format retailers and Madura Garment’s Peter England.
The new stores that are set to open would be smaller but numerous. “For an area which needs a 5,000 square feet store to cater to it, we will have five 1,000 square feet stores. The profitability also improves with smaller stores,” Atul Chand, Chief Executive of ITC’s lifestyle retail business division explains. The brand is also available in 1,000-1,100 multi-brand outlets.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India