ITC to enter UAE food market through an alliance
ITC, a multi business conglomerate, is planning to enter the food market of the UAE and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) through a partnership with the Al Seer Group.
February 25, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
ITC, a multi business conglomerate, is planning to enter the food market of the UAE and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) through a partnership with the Al Seer Group. The company is, currently, not marketing any of its food products in the UAE but plans to enter the market in a big way. It is learnt that there is an alliance with the Al Seer Group to distribute the confectionery products in the market. The products ITC plans to market in the UAE and GCC include wheat biscuits under its brand Sunfeast, cream and tea biscuits cookies, crackers, candies, eclairs and chews etc. The company forayed into the biscuits segment in India in 2003 with its brand Sunfeast and has managed to capture nearly 10 per cent of the market.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021