ITC to enter UAE food market through an alliance
ITC, a multi business conglomerate, is planning to enter the food market of the UAE and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) through a partnership with the Al Seer Group.
February 25, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
ITC, a multi business conglomerate, is planning to enter the food market of the UAE and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) through a partnership with the Al Seer Group. The company is, currently, not marketing any of its food products in the UAE but plans to enter the market in a big way. It is learnt that there is an alliance with the Al Seer Group to distribute the confectionery products in the market. The products ITC plans to market in the UAE and GCC include wheat biscuits under its brand Sunfeast, cream and tea biscuits cookies, crackers, candies, eclairs and chews etc. The company forayed into the biscuits segment in India in 2003 with its brand Sunfeast and has managed to capture nearly 10 per cent of the market.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2