Ikea betting big on localization to win Indian customers
As the part of the strategy the company is including local delicacies in its menu also scaling up its assembly service.June 13, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
Swedish furniture retailer Ikea is all set to open its first Indian store next month in Hyderabad. Though the store is yet to open, the company has already drafted its strategy to win over the competition and garner the customer base.
As the part of the strategy, Ikea is working towards localizing its offerings right from food menu to “do-it-yourself” (DIY) assembly furniture models.
As per the information available in public domain, the Hyderabad store would be spread across 400,000 sq.ft. In order to woo the shoppers the company is building its in-house assembly team and including local delicacies in its menu such as samosas. In fact, alike to many international restaurant chains in India, Ikea is also changing parts of its menu to suit local palates
Though Ikea is known for its DIY range but has the track record of overwhelming the shoppers by its seamless assembling service and installation job. However, Ikea’s assembly team would be slightly higher priced as compared to contemporaries..
As per the official statement, the company has visited more than 800 homes just to see how people live here. Though the Hyderabad store will have spacious room designs, its Mumbai store will pack a lot more product into a smaller space to reflect the city’s apartment sizes.
- Jubilant FoodWorks appoints Coca-Cola official
- India hikes import duty on 29 products
- McDonald's has replaced plastic with biodegradable alternatives
- Geo-tags, local language shopping- Amazon all set to enhance customer experience
- DLF ties up with Uber once again for a superlative shopping experience
- UP Cabinet clears Patanjali's Rs 6,000-crore food park
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjali’s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision