Importing Orthaheel to Indian soil
SSL-TTK Limited a joint venture between SSL International plc, UK, and TTK-LIG Limited has announced the formal launch of Orthaheel footwear products in India.
November 30, 2009 | comments ( 1 ) |
SSL-TTK Limited a joint venture between SSL International plc, UK, and TTK-LIG Limited has announced the formal launch of Orthaheel footwear products in India. TR Venkatesh, Managing Director of SSL-TTK Ltd and Dr. Phillip Vasyli, the founder of Orthaheel together unveiled the footwear range. Dr. Vasyli said, “By nature our feet are designed for soft natural surfaces like sand and soil; but today, we spend most of our time walking on unnatural and hard surfaces which forces our feet to pronate (roll over) excessively to gain ground contact. Excess pronation could lead to weakening of arch, tilting of the heel or rotation of leg, which may lead to heel pain, back heel pain or knee pain. Orthaheel orthotics is scientifically designed to align your feet and address the problems arising from excess pronation”. Commenting on the launch of Orthaheel in India, TR Venkatesh, MD, SSL-TTK said, “Orthaheel complements our existing range of foot care and foot wear products represented through our Scholl brand in India. Being a specialist in foot care domain, Orthaheel fits well into our brand portfolio as we bring in international quality footwear products and solutions to the Indian market”. Last year, SSL-TTK had launched the Orthaheel shoe inserts, which has been found to be extremely effective in treating the conditions referred earlier. To address the largely slipper / sandal wearing market SSL-TTK has now launched the Orthaheel foot wear range in India. The Orthaheel footwear has foot-bed which incorporates the same profile as the Orthotic inserts thereby delivering the same benefit offered by the Orthaheel shoe insert. The Orthaheel footwear range will be retailed through selected retail outlets like Lifestyle, Metro, Reliance and others.
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores