India and Japan unite
Collaboration between Japanese e-commerce company and the prominent Indian retail enterprise.May 01, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The agreement has been announced to sell traditional crafts from the Tohoku region in India as part of the support for disaster-stricken areas. As part of the ‘Cool Japan Strategy Promotion Program’, Yukio Edano, the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan, visited India along with the public sectors from the creative industries to release a joint statement with Anand Sharma , Minister of Commerce and Industry, on the implementation of a comprehensive framework for cooperation between Japan and India in the area of creative industries. This would take on the work of ‘Cool Japan’ to be identified as an important pillar for a new economic relationship between the both countries. After the announcement, the signing of MOU was conducted between the public sectors in the fields of design, apparel/fashion/textiles, daily commodities, jewelry, cinema/animation and traditional crafts from the two countries.
To mark the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, METI hopes these efforts to further promote cooperate collaborations in the creative industry will contribute to drive the economic growth of India and create a mutually beneficial relationship between Japan and India.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019