India centre aids global rollout
Tesco's Bengaluru research centre to act as hub for e-retail rollout.April 24, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Tesco Hindustan Service Centre is aiding the company’s e-commerce rollout plans catering to services across the globe. An application for iPad has been developed which allows people not only to browse recipes but also order the ingredients for the same at a tab of your figure. After its success in UK, it is being replicated to other countries as well. The online platform supports 25 countries and allows shoppers to browse the site in multiple languages.
“The user response has been excellent. It is one of the five most visited retail websites and on average processes 500,000 orders a week across its online businesses. With the demographic of the buyer changing, we now need to fulfil the customer expectation and reach out to various touch points,” said Sandeep Dhar, CEO of Tesco HSC.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021