India gets 1st Muffin Break café
Chooses South Asian Hospitality as master franchisee.October 01, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Muffin Break, the Australian brand, enters the Indian market with its master franchisee South Asian Hospitality Services. The brand takes its first step with opening up of a first flagship cafe GKII M Block Market, New Delhi.
Muffin Break is a unique bakery café which offers products including muffins, well renowned coffee and other snacks. Understanding that the Indian market for bakery products is very unorganised, Robert Fitzgerald, Executive Director, Foodco Group says, “Our USP is that we offer freshly made products, so our muffins are produced at the café right in front of consumers’ eyes. Indian consumers are now in the aspirational mode and love to associate with brands, so the time is ripe for us to enter the Indian market.”
Parvin Juneja, Chief Executive of South Asian Food & Hospitality Pvt Ltd, added “We are proud to open the first “Muffin Break” cafe in India and with this, we believe to swirl the taste buds of the muffin lovers. Also, with our past experience of providing the high quality food products, we plan to further open more such bakeries catering to the interests of muffin and coffee lovers in India. We also plan to introduce new products on the menu to suit the Indian taste buds.”
Established in 1989, Foodco Group (Foodco), franchisors of Muffin Break has a regional license partnership with - South Asian Food and Hospitality Services Pvt Ltd, who will operate the Muffin Break brand in India. It anticipates opening of 40 stores throughout India by 2017.
Foodco also has two other brands named Jamaica Blue which is a contemporary café and donuts brand, Dreamy Donuts.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO