India ranks No. 1 on Nielsen’s Consumer Confidence Index
A global consumer confidence survey conducted by The Nielsen Company has India at the top of the consumer confidence survey with 120 index points.
November 03, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
A global consumer confidence survey conducted by The Nielsen Company has India at the top of the consumer confidence survey with 120 index points. Nielsen’s Consumer Confidence Survey was polled by 30,500 consumers in Europe, Asia Pacific, North America and the Middle East about their confidence levels and economic outlook. The consumer confidence is a reflection of the optimism in a country towards job prospects, personal finances, and their willingness to spend on discretionary items. Eight in ten Indians are optimistic about job prospects in the country in the next 12 months, 16 per cent think it is ‘excellent’ and 69 per cent think it is ‘good’. “The resurging job market in the country has acted as a major boost to the confidence of Indians. Decreasing apprehensions regarding the stability of their jobs, resulting in a steady source of personal finance, has made Indians optimistic about the future,” said Vatsala Pant, Director- Consumer Research, The Nielsen Company.An optimistic and confident outlook on job prospects and personal finances stretches out to willingness to spend. Considering the cost of things today and their personal finances, seven per cent Indians think that it is an ‘excellent’ time to buy the things they want and need, and 44 percent think that it is a ‘good’ time to buy things.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn