India ranks No. 1 on Nielsen’s Consumer Confidence Index
A global consumer confidence survey conducted by The Nielsen Company has India at the top of the consumer confidence survey with 120 index points.
November 03, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
A global consumer confidence survey conducted by The Nielsen Company has India at the top of the consumer confidence survey with 120 index points. Nielsen’s Consumer Confidence Survey was polled by 30,500 consumers in Europe, Asia Pacific, North America and the Middle East about their confidence levels and economic outlook. The consumer confidence is a reflection of the optimism in a country towards job prospects, personal finances, and their willingness to spend on discretionary items. Eight in ten Indians are optimistic about job prospects in the country in the next 12 months, 16 per cent think it is ‘excellent’ and 69 per cent think it is ‘good’. “The resurging job market in the country has acted as a major boost to the confidence of Indians. Decreasing apprehensions regarding the stability of their jobs, resulting in a steady source of personal finance, has made Indians optimistic about the future,” said Vatsala Pant, Director- Consumer Research, The Nielsen Company.An optimistic and confident outlook on job prospects and personal finances stretches out to willingness to spend. Considering the cost of things today and their personal finances, seven per cent Indians think that it is an ‘excellent’ time to buy the things they want and need, and 44 percent think that it is a ‘good’ time to buy things.
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store
- Infiniti Retail posts 1st net profit
- Future group to launch Brand Factory online in February 2019