Indian mission in Islamabad issues 350-400 visas to Pakistani businessmen
The Indian High Commission in Islamabad has issued as many as 350-400 visas to Pakistani businessmen.September 10, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
New Delhi: The Indian High Commission in Islamabad has issued as many as 350-400 visas to Pakistani businessmen to participate in the 2nd edition of 'Lifestyle Pakistan' exhibition to be held here from September 11.
In the last one month, the mission received 350-400 requests for the visas and all these requests have been processed and visas have been issued, sources said, adding the mission was still receiving requests and will process the same in due course.
On some Pakistan businessmen criticising the police reporting clause in their visas, the sources made it very clear that 'non-police reporting' visas are only issued to those who have a business venture of above Rs five crore.
The Pakistan exhibition is organised by Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) in collaboration with FICCI after the popular response to its 'Lifestyle Exhibition' in April 2012.
The four-day exhibition is taking place at one of the largest trade fair venues here--Pragati Maidan--from September 11-14 with over 150 exhibitors of a vast array of Pakistani fashion, textiles, jewellery, accessories, home textiles, furniture, marbles and agro products.
"Aalishan Pakistan is an initiative of TDAP to further build on the efforts of the governments of Pakistan and India to normalize trade between the two countries. It is the second showcase of top quality export products of Pakistan under one roof in India.
"With a trade potential of billions of dollars between the two countries, the event will not only offer a unique opportunity to the trade community of India to interact with Pakistani counterparts but also a first-hand opportunity for customers to feel and own the best quality products Pakistan has to offer," a release from the FICCI said.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019