Indiatimes Shopping crosses ‘Rs 1 Crore a Day Mark’
The top-selling category is mobile phone, accounting for 40 per cent of sales
August 31, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Indiatimes Shopping, the e-commerce portal from Times Internet Limited, crossed the Rs 1 crore a day mark in sales and clocked over Rs 20 crore in July. Announcing the figures, Rishi Khiani, CEO, Times Internet Ltd said, “With a comprehensive range of products, the best deals and our reliable and timely service initiatives like the next day delivery promise, we have been seeing a constant rise in our sales. We will continue to build on these strengths that our customers have come to expect from us. Our mission is to delight each and every customer on our portal.”
The top-selling category on the site is the mobile phone, with 40 per cent of the sales coming from this category alone. Closely following on its heels are computers, mobile accessories, computer accessories, apparel and electronic goods. 17 per cent of the sales were gifts.
The top grossing brands are also from the mobile phone category and include Blackberry, Nokia and Micromax.
While 70 per cent of the sales still come from the metros, the company is expecting sales to rise from the tier II and III cities with the increasing internet penetration in these areas.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint