Inox embarks upon an expansion plan
Enthused with the return of film buffs to the cinema theatres, entertainment major Inox group has embarked upon an expansion plan to invest Rs 500 crore on developing and acquiring around 50 propertie
January 12, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Enthused with the return of film buffs to the cinema theatres, entertainment major Inox group has embarked upon an expansion plan to invest Rs 500 crore on developing and acquiring around 50 properties across India in the next five years.
At least Rs 100 crore would be invested annually on acquiring around 10 new properties each year, a company official said.
The BSE share price of Inox Leisure Ltd, which runs the group's entertainment business, closed 4.22 per cent up at Rs 74.10 on January 11, 2010 Monday.
With the entertainment sector showing signs of robust growth, the company will invest around Rs 10-12 crore per screen every year. The company would be funding this expansion plan from debt and internal accruals. Inox would be focusing on cities such as Ahmedabad, Jodhpur, Bhopal, Mangalore, Coimbatore, Kanpur, Hubli, Vishakhapatnam and Bhubaneswar.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear