Jabong to raise $100 million
Funding will come from CDCFebruary 06, 2014 | comments ( 1 ) |
Online fashion retailer Jabong is all set to raise equity funding worth Rs 628 crore, of which Rs 173 crore will come from British development finance institution – CDC.
In this fresh round of funding that has just completed, CDC has picked up an undisclosed stake in the Gurgaon-based venture, which was incubated by Germany's Rocket Internet.
The CDC investment in Jabong is the latest in a series of transactions in India's online commerce industry over the past eight months.
In a public statement, Rhyddid Carter, spokesman for CDC, has said, "Our investment in Jabong will result in the creation of thousands of direct and indirect jobs throughout the supply chain and distribution network."
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021