Jabong to raise $100 million
Funding will come from CDCFebruary 06, 2014 | comments ( 1 ) |
Online fashion retailer Jabong is all set to raise equity funding worth Rs 628 crore, of which Rs 173 crore will come from British development finance institution – CDC.
In this fresh round of funding that has just completed, CDC has picked up an undisclosed stake in the Gurgaon-based venture, which was incubated by Germany's Rocket Internet.
The CDC investment in Jabong is the latest in a series of transactions in India's online commerce industry over the past eight months.
In a public statement, Rhyddid Carter, spokesman for CDC, has said, "Our investment in Jabong will result in the creation of thousands of direct and indirect jobs throughout the supply chain and distribution network."
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2