Johnston & Murphy eye expansion
Aim to have 12 exclusive outlets in four yearsOctober 28, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
US-based premium shoe brand Johnston & Murphy, which entered India over a year ago through wholesale distribution, is planning to expand through retail and is looking to set up 10-12 exclusive showrooms in four years as reported in media sources.The company has decided to take the step following the encouraging response they received in India. "We are setting up our first exclusive store in the city this week and are targeting to add another 10-11 such outlets in next 3-4 years," Johnston & Murphy President Jonathan D Caplan told PTI here.
The retail store expansion will be in those cities in the country, where the brand is already available through wholesale distribution, he added. Johnston & Murphy has tied-up with Elite Group for exclusive distribution of the brand in India. The company is also planning to expand through shop-in shop with dealers who sell premium and luxury products, he added.
"We are in talks with retailers like Regal, Inc 5, Collective for shop-in-shop option. We are also looking at Shoppers' Stop and Lifestyle, who cater to both mass as well as premium budget, for such purpose," he said. Johnston & Murphy brand retails in its 157 stores across the US and through premier specialty and department stores in America as well as internationally.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India