Johnston & Murphy eye expansion
Aim to have 12 exclusive outlets in four yearsOctober 28, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
US-based premium shoe brand Johnston & Murphy, which entered India over a year ago through wholesale distribution, is planning to expand through retail and is looking to set up 10-12 exclusive showrooms in four years as reported in media sources.The company has decided to take the step following the encouraging response they received in India. "We are setting up our first exclusive store in the city this week and are targeting to add another 10-11 such outlets in next 3-4 years," Johnston & Murphy President Jonathan D Caplan told PTI here.
The retail store expansion will be in those cities in the country, where the brand is already available through wholesale distribution, he added. Johnston & Murphy has tied-up with Elite Group for exclusive distribution of the brand in India. The company is also planning to expand through shop-in shop with dealers who sell premium and luxury products, he added.
"We are in talks with retailers like Regal, Inc 5, Collective for shop-in-shop option. We are also looking at Shoppers' Stop and Lifestyle, who cater to both mass as well as premium budget, for such purpose," he said. Johnston & Murphy brand retails in its 157 stores across the US and through premier specialty and department stores in America as well as internationally.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG