KFC: Krushers passes the test
Last year in July, Yum! Restaurants, decided to extend the KFC brand concept to beverages, and launched Krushers, a range of chilled drinks.
June 07, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Last year in July, Yum! Restaurants, decided to extend the KFC brand concept to beverages, and launched Krushers, a range of chilled drinks. Besides Australia, India was the test market selected for this exercise. After months of testing, it has proved such a signal success that it now accounts for 8 per cent of KFC's beverage sales in India. “It's been hugely successful in India” said Niren Chaudhary, Managing Director, Indian Subcontinent, Yum! Restaurants (India).
“The idea behind Krushers is to fill out an empty space in the market with a product relevant to our consumers within the broad concept of the KFC brand promise of cravable taste,” said Chaudhary.
Krushers is currently available at 70 of KFC's 75 outlets in the country; going by its success the company has introduced Krushers' Bars within KFC outlets to strengthen the brand identity. India’s the first market to experiment with this shop-in-shop concept. There are currently two bars, one in Rajiv Chowk in Delhi and one in Ampa Mall in Chennai and, depending on how they fare, the concept may be introduced elsewhere.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint