KFC: Krushers passes the test
Last year in July, Yum! Restaurants, decided to extend the KFC brand concept to beverages, and launched Krushers, a range of chilled drinks.
June 07, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Last year in July, Yum! Restaurants, decided to extend the KFC brand concept to beverages, and launched Krushers, a range of chilled drinks. Besides Australia, India was the test market selected for this exercise. After months of testing, it has proved such a signal success that it now accounts for 8 per cent of KFC's beverage sales in India. “It's been hugely successful in India” said Niren Chaudhary, Managing Director, Indian Subcontinent, Yum! Restaurants (India).
“The idea behind Krushers is to fill out an empty space in the market with a product relevant to our consumers within the broad concept of the KFC brand promise of cravable taste,” said Chaudhary.
Krushers is currently available at 70 of KFC's 75 outlets in the country; going by its success the company has introduced Krushers' Bars within KFC outlets to strengthen the brand identity. India’s the first market to experiment with this shop-in-shop concept. There are currently two bars, one in Rajiv Chowk in Delhi and one in Ampa Mall in Chennai and, depending on how they fare, the concept may be introduced elsewhere.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021