KKR, TPG vies Honda
Big players eyes a stake in Honda Motor
September 18, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
KKR & Co., TPG Capital, Carlyle Group and Bain Capital LLC are competing to acquire a part of Honda Motor Co.’s stake in India’s biggest motorcycle maker, according to five people with direct knowledge of the situation.
Two of the funds may jointly buy about 15 percent, valued at $1.1 billion, in Hero Honda Motors Ltd., three of the people said, declining to be named before an official announcement. Another 5 percent may be sold to the Hero Group’s Munjal family, which holds a 26.21 percent stake in the New Delhi-based company, two of the people said.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India