KKR, TPG vies Honda
Big players eyes a stake in Honda Motor
September 18, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
KKR & Co., TPG Capital, Carlyle Group and Bain Capital LLC are competing to acquire a part of Honda Motor Co.’s stake in India’s biggest motorcycle maker, according to five people with direct knowledge of the situation.
Two of the funds may jointly buy about 15 percent, valued at $1.1 billion, in Hero Honda Motors Ltd., three of the people said, declining to be named before an official announcement. Another 5 percent may be sold to the Hero Group’s Munjal family, which holds a 26.21 percent stake in the New Delhi-based company, two of the people said.
- Montblanc opens new boutique in Bangalore
- Milkbasket tops up its Series A with another $7 Million
- Lingerie e-tailer Clovia plans to open 75 stores by 2021-end
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka