KS targets youth with energy drink
After success of deos and condoms, KS plans to tap Rs 200 crore energy drink market.December 07, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
KamaSutra (KS), the FMCG brand has announced its entry into the energy drink segment as it launches KS E Drink. The KS E Drink has been positioned to address the taste of the adventurous and energetic urban young with the product tag line ‘Get the KS Energy’. The energy drink is available in two flavours X-Fruit, a mixed fruit flavour and X-Berry which is a mixed berry flavour. It will initially be launched across metro cities over the next six months and will be available across 10,000 retail outlets at the price of Rs 95 (250 ml).
KS, a 50:50 joint venture between Raymonds Group and Ansell Ltd, is planned to step into the Rs 200 crore energy drink market in India with KamaSutram, a brand known for its bold identity and positioning. J K Ansell has entered into yet another competitive product category, after deodorants and condoms.
Announcing the launch, Gautam Singhania, Chairman & Managing Director of Raymond Ltd. said, “Over the years, Raymond has epitomised the picture of the alpha male who is bold, fun, adventurous and energetic. In keeping with this positioning of the brand, we launched KamaSutra condoms 20 years ago with an innovative and interesting marketing campaign. Today, the brand has a range of men’s and women’s deodorants in exciting variants and fragrances, in addition to condoms. The energy drink is the newest addition to the KS product portfolio that strengthens this bold and young positioning of the brand and thus becomes a natural extension for the KS brand”.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021