Kalyan Jewellers plans Rs 1,000-crore expansion
Kerala-based gold major Kalyan Jewellers is set to expand aggressivelyJanuary 09, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
The chain plans to set up new stores in India and abroad, boosting expenditure to build their brand with the help of Bollywood icons Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai. The ambitious chain, which aims a turnover of at least Rs 8,000 crore in the current fiscal, has lined up Rs 1,000 crore to Rs 1,250 crore investment for opening 25 large retail stores in India and abroad in the next financial year. Each of these stores will be spread over 5,000 square feet and employ 100 people, which will take the total staff strength of Kalyan Jewellers to 10,500 by next fiscal.
Out of 25 retail outlets that are planned, 15 will be in India and 10 will be in the Gulf region. The jeweller plans to open at least six outlets in the Gulf region before Akshay Tritiya to try and get a good pie of the business that happens during this auspicious time.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021