Karisma Kapur invests in Babyoye.com
Babyoye.com, the leading online store for baby and mother care products, announced that superstar and super mom Karisma Kapoor has invested in the company.
December 08, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Babyoye.com, the leading online store for baby and mother care products, announced that superstar and super mom Karisma Kapoor has invested in the company. Karisma has an undisclosed stake in the company and she is the largest individual shareholder in a company whose other investors include Accel Partners and Tiger Global. Karisma Kapoor first came upon Babyoye.com as a customer and found it a huge convenience. "There are over 120 brands and over 13,000 products. I'm spoilt for choice. And I can shop from home and get doorstep delivery. This means I can spend more time with my kids. What more can working moms ask for?" says Karishma Kapoor.
Kapoor met Arunima Singhdeo, Co-Founder and Director, and exchanged notes. Says Arunima, "Karisma had so many amazing suggestions on what we could do, I began to see her as a partner and asked her if she wanted to come on board. I said we don't want this to be a brand ambassador relationship but much more. I am thrilled she agreed. This is definitely a first in India and Indian e-commerce."
Karisma says, "Babyoye delivers to 500 cities in India. It is a boon for babies and parents alike. I want to share this with every young mother. I really believe in Babyoye's vision of giving babies the right start in life."
Arunima Singhdeo adds, “When I experienced motherhood, the biggest challenge was to find everything that a baby and mother need under one roof. Besides this, there were constraints of travelling, price difference, quality issues…. Tthat’s when we decided to start a venture like babyoye.com, which enables parents to shop for world class products at the click of a mouse.”
Babyoye.com is India’s largest online store for baby products and is changing the way Indian parents shop. Apart from being a one-stop-shop for Indian parents, Babyoye.com also prepares first-time parents by providing them with a comprehensive range of internationally acclaimed high-quality niche products and services.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint