Kenwood to invest Rs 14 crore on marketing
UK’s leading kitchenware brand Kenwood announced its entry in the Indian
July 28, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
UK’s leading kitchenware brand Kenwood announced its entry in the Indian market with 65 new range of kitchen appliances. Kenwood Head India Operations Kishore K K said that they will be investing around Rs 14 crore on marketing their products, across the country, in a year’s time. The company has also set a target to achieve sales of around Rs 50 crore in the coming 12 months. Kenwood Commercial Director Mark J Broad said that they have a marketing budget of $3 million and that could increase based on the response met out to the product.
Kenwood, which is looking to tap the premium segment in the kitchen appliances has introduced products like blenders, food processors, mixers and the Kenwood chef etc and the price range of the products starts from Rs 1000 and goes up to Rs 53,000.
The company which has tied up with all the leading retailers like Tata Croma, Big Bazaar, Hypercity and Reliance Retail plans to reach 120 cities including the tier II and tier III cities through 1000 premium outlets. Currently, the company has five distributors and the focus has been mainly on developing a strong channel of distribution to reach every corner of the country. “It’s too early in a day to open up an exclusive Kenwood store here. First we have to see the response to our products and then we can go on to set up an exclusive store but that is at least two years away from now” said the Marketing manager of Kenwood, Iain Stuart Crush.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021