Kishore Biyani to buy Nilgiris
Held talks with Actis CapitalNovember 20, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Kishore Biyani-owned Future Group is negotiating with private equity firm Actis Capital to acquire a stake in Nilgiris, a Bangalore-based supermarket. Nilgiris is India’s oldest organised retail chain and was founded in 1905.
This acquisition would give Biyani a control over 140 supermarkets in south India, a market that the Future Group is keen to boost its presence. Nilgiris has an annual turnover of Rs 700 crore, and about 60-70 per cent of its stores are run on a franchise basis.
In 2006, UK-based Actis had bought a 65 per cent stake in this supermarket chain for about $ 65 million.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO