Kohinoor Foods in JV with McCormick
The company is to invest Rs 520 crore and pick up 85% stake in Kohinoor Speciality Foods
June 04, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
McCormick & Co, Inc, of the US, a leading spice maker, will invest close to Rs 520 crore (about $ 115 million) in a joint venture with Kohinoor Foods Ltd, a leading marketer of branded Basmati rice and other food products.
McCormick's investment, through a Singapore-based subsidiary, will include picking up an 85 per cent stake in the new joint venture Kohinoor Speciality Foods India Pvt Ltd. Kohinoor will hold the balance 15 per cent. The proposal would however be subject to shareholders' and regulatory approvals. The board on Thursday approved the proposal to finalise the business transfer agreement and other transaction documents, the company said in a statement to the BSE.
The employees of Kohinoor Foods related to the distribution, marketing and supply of rice in India shall also be transferred to Kohinoor Speciality Foods, said the company statement.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021