Kohinoor Foods in JV with McCormick
The company is to invest Rs 520 crore and pick up 85% stake in Kohinoor Speciality Foods
June 04, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
McCormick & Co, Inc, of the US, a leading spice maker, will invest close to Rs 520 crore (about $ 115 million) in a joint venture with Kohinoor Foods Ltd, a leading marketer of branded Basmati rice and other food products.
McCormick's investment, through a Singapore-based subsidiary, will include picking up an 85 per cent stake in the new joint venture Kohinoor Speciality Foods India Pvt Ltd. Kohinoor will hold the balance 15 per cent. The proposal would however be subject to shareholders' and regulatory approvals. The board on Thursday approved the proposal to finalise the business transfer agreement and other transaction documents, the company said in a statement to the BSE.
The employees of Kohinoor Foods related to the distribution, marketing and supply of rice in India shall also be transferred to Kohinoor Speciality Foods, said the company statement.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category