Koutonsí Balvinder Singh Ahluwalia quits
A series of top executives have been quitting their jobs owing to Koutonís current CDR
July 15, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
The exodus of top executives from debt-ridden apparel retailer Koutons Retail is continuing unabated with Balvinder Singh Ahluwalia, who was the company's President, becoming the latest to join the exit list.
"I have quit Koutons Retail recently and have not joined any other company yet," Ahluwalia is said to have commented.
In the last one year Koutons Retail, which reportedly has around Rs 660 crore debt on its books and is currently undergoing a corporate debt restructuring (CDR), has seen a series of top executives leaving the company.
In February this year, two of its directors -- Gurdarshan Singh Bhalla and Virender Kumar Gupta -- resigned. Last month, Arun Aggarwal, Company Secretary-cum-Compliance Officer of the company had quit. The company's Chief Financial Officer, Ajay Mahajan, and Company Secretary, Poonam Chahal had left the firm last year.
Koutons is the second such financially-troubled major retailer to have gone for a CDR after Vishal Retail.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India