Krispy Kreme opens in Bangalore
Unveils flagship store with its state of art Doughnut Theatre.January 17, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Krispy Kreme which is making its South & West India entry with Citymax Hotels India Pvt Ltd, unveiled its first ever State of the art Doughnut Theater at the launch of Krispy Kreme doughnut store at Church Street, Bangalore. The flagship store will prove to be a unique destination which will provide doughnut lovers with a complete Krispy Kreme experience.
Citymax Hotels India Pvt. Ltd., the hospitality division of the Dubai based retail giant Landmark Group, had earlier announced a franchise agreement with Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation to develop 80 Krispy Kreme stores in South and West India over the next five years with an investment of Rs 8 crore.
As a special feature for the first time in the country, customers at the Krispy Kreme store will have the unique opportunity of watching the doughnut-making process from start to finish. The state-of-the-art 'Doughnut Theatre', has a glass viewing area where customers will see hundreds of doughnuts move along the conveyer belt from one process to the next, finally flipping over and passing through a waterfall of glaze. The store’s doughnut-making machine will have a production capacity of nearly 210 dozens / hour.
Jeff Welch, President – Krispy Kreme International said, “India presents a great growth opportunity for brands like Krispy Kreme as it is one of the fastest growing economies. We believe in being at the forefront of presenting new and relevant concepts to India. We are therefore delighted to introduce the Indian consumers to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and also add them as part of our portfolio. Our strong distribution footprint and understanding of consumer dining habits, combined with the unique strengths of the Krispy Kreme brand, will help us popularize Krispy Kreme doughnuts among our customers across the country.”
“Apart from presenting its most popular and freshly prepared recipes from across the world including the Hot Original Glazed® doughnuts, Citymax Hotels and Krispy Kreme will work together to make some local adaptations to suit the Indian palate as the brand reaches out to a wide consumer base, said Vishal Sawhney, President – Citymax Hospitality, India.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021