Krispy Kreme partners in India
Partners with Citymax Hotels; to open first store in Bangalore.August 23, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Landmark Group’s hospitality division, Citymax Hotels India Pvt Ltd, has announced a franchise agreement with Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation. Under the agreement, Citymax will develop 80 Krispy Kreme stores in South and West India over the next five years.
The first Krispy Kreme store will be opened in Bangalore at Puravankara Pavilion on Churchstreet before the year end.
Renuka Jagtiani, Vice Chairperson, Landmark Group said, “India presents a great growth opportunity for brands like Krispy Kreme as it is one of the fastest growing economies. We believe in being at the forefront of presenting new and relevant concepts to India. We are therefore delighted to introduce the Indian consumers to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and also add them as part of our portfolio. Our strong distribution footprint and understanding of consumer dining habits, combined with the unique strengths of the Krispy Kreme brand, will help us popularize Krispy Kreme doughnuts among customers.”
In terms of offering, apart from presenting its popular and freshly prepared recipes from across the world including the Hot Original Glazed doughnuts, Citymax Hotels and Krispy Kreme will work together to make some local adaptations to suit the Indian palate as the brand reaches out to a wide consumer base.
The Krispy Kreme store in Bangalore will feature the 'Doughnut Theatre' for customers to watch the doughnut-making process from beginning to end through a glass viewing area. The store’s doughnut-making machine can produce and glaze nearly 12,000 to 24,000 doughnuts a day.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India