Krispy Kreme partners in India
Partners with Citymax Hotels; to open first store in Bangalore.August 23, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Landmark Group’s hospitality division, Citymax Hotels India Pvt Ltd, has announced a franchise agreement with Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation. Under the agreement, Citymax will develop 80 Krispy Kreme stores in South and West India over the next five years.
The first Krispy Kreme store will be opened in Bangalore at Puravankara Pavilion on Churchstreet before the year end.
Renuka Jagtiani, Vice Chairperson, Landmark Group said, “India presents a great growth opportunity for brands like Krispy Kreme as it is one of the fastest growing economies. We believe in being at the forefront of presenting new and relevant concepts to India. We are therefore delighted to introduce the Indian consumers to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and also add them as part of our portfolio. Our strong distribution footprint and understanding of consumer dining habits, combined with the unique strengths of the Krispy Kreme brand, will help us popularize Krispy Kreme doughnuts among customers.”
In terms of offering, apart from presenting its popular and freshly prepared recipes from across the world including the Hot Original Glazed doughnuts, Citymax Hotels and Krispy Kreme will work together to make some local adaptations to suit the Indian palate as the brand reaches out to a wide consumer base.
The Krispy Kreme store in Bangalore will feature the 'Doughnut Theatre' for customers to watch the doughnut-making process from beginning to end through a glass viewing area. The store’s doughnut-making machine can produce and glaze nearly 12,000 to 24,000 doughnuts a day.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021