L’Oreal India to have a new head
Pierre-Yves Arzel to soon take over Jacques Challes as chief exec India.May 30, 2012 | comments ( 1 ) |
L’Oreal India will soon be headed by Pierre-Yves Arzel as the chief executive. He presently heads the UK and Ireland businesses of L’Oreal.
He will replace Jacques Challes, who helped the brand more than double its sales in India within four years to € 200 million in 2011.
For L’Oreal, India has emerged as a potential market. It plans to expand its reach to the consumers with new products. The company has almost tripled its distributor network to 680 from 250 three years ago, while increasing its direct retail outlets to 350,000 from 100,000.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021