L’Oreal India to have a new head
Pierre-Yves Arzel to soon take over Jacques Challes as chief exec India.May 30, 2012 | comments ( 1 ) |
L’Oreal India will soon be headed by Pierre-Yves Arzel as the chief executive. He presently heads the UK and Ireland businesses of L’Oreal.
He will replace Jacques Challes, who helped the brand more than double its sales in India within four years to € 200 million in 2011.
For L’Oreal, India has emerged as a potential market. It plans to expand its reach to the consumers with new products. The company has almost tripled its distributor network to 680 from 250 three years ago, while increasing its direct retail outlets to 350,000 from 100,000.
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore