LG Electronics plans to enter into online market with a line-up of exclusive
The company, which will also give a thrust to selling smartphones on these digital marketplaces, plans to partner Amazon, Flipkart and Paytm under its online sales strategyMay 19, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Home appliances and electronics major, LG Electronics plans to go online with a line-up of television, refrigerator and washing machine models. The company will sell these products exclusively on ecommerce portals.
The company, which will also give a thrust to selling smartphones on these digital marketplaces, plans to partner Amazon, Flipkart and Paytm under its online sales strategy.
Kim Ki-Wan, Managing Director, LG Electronics, said, “LG also plans to integrate its 680-odd exclusive brand stores with the ecommerce marketplaces whereby products ordered online will be supplied to the consumer from a nearby offline store to ensure faster delivery and that there are no damages in transit.”
LG will roll out its online sales in India by end of this year.
Kin-Wan said, “We don’t want to jeopardise our offline sales channel with the online strategy. We will have exclusive models for online sales, both in terms of design and features. This is both for televisions and appliances. There could be some benefits for consumers buying online, such as discount or additional warranty. However, the long-term strategy will be to offer convenience to the customers.”
- Notices sent to HUL, P&G, LG: Taxman disallows AMP deductions sought by MNCs
- Ola's former COO Vishal Kaul to join back PepsiCo
- RIL ties up with PROLINE to co-brand sports apparels
- IKEA selects UrbanClap as its furniture assembly partner in India
- Walmart India, Flipkart top executives meet CCI
- Kroger buys Chicago-based Home Chef for $200 mn
- DHL launches DHL SmarTrucking across India
- Amazon in talks to buy 10% stake in Future Retail
- SoftBank confirms it's selling 22% in Flipkart to Walmart
- Report says retail sector has attracted Rs 5,500 cr PE since 2015