LVMH replication for India
Rohit Bal and Sabyasachi Mukherjee being roped in.August 06, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Private equity firm L Capital is in talks with top Indian designers to create an Indian luxury house resembling LVMH Louis Vuiton Moet Henessey. For the same, L Capital is roping in fashion designers Rohit Bal and Sabyasachi Mukherjee. Besides these, Evoluzione, the multi-designer retailer will also be a part of the agreement. They will be consolidating their separate labels under a single corporate structure to help to speed up across the country and the world. More designers will be added to the club at a later stage.
L Capital plans to invest close to Rs 200 crore in the venture. It will own minor stakes in the designer labels whereas with Evoluzione, it will be signing a joint venture for the back-end distribution business.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category