Largest Spencer’s store of Tamil Nadu opens at Tiruchirapalli
One of India’s major multi-format retailers, Spencer’s Retail, has launched its largest store at Tiruchirapalli in Tamil Nadu.
October 13, 2009 | comments ( 3 ) |
One of India’s major multi-format retailers, Spencer’s Retail, has launched its largest store at Tiruchirapalli in Tamil Nadu. The store was inaugurated by Samar Singh Sheikhawat, VP, Marketing and Atanu Batybal, VP, Southern Operations, Spencer’s Retail Limited. Covering a space of 12,000 sq. ft, it is Spencer’s first large format store in Tiruchirapalli and 60th in Tamil Nadu. The new store stocks merchandise in food and grocery, fresh fruits and vegetables, electrical, home and office essentials, basic wear and fashion accessories, toys and personal care. Imported food products and a broad choice in regional preferences are also available at the store. A specialty section on regional and international cuisines and organic foods counter, an extensive fish and meat counter, and variety of food take-away options promise to gratify every variant of the consumers’ shopping requirements. The store also has a refreshment and snacking zone providing a wide range of ready foods like fried and grilled chicken, ice creams and a range of chocolates, pizzas, burgers and fresh bakery. The company plans to open three more large stores in the next eight to ten months focusing on cities like Coimbatore and Madurai.
- Apple may open franchise stores in India
- PC Jeweller reduce bank liabilities by 10% in Q1 FY19
- Traders to shut shops on Sep 28 against Walmart-Flipkart deal
- Flipkart blacklists several sellers selling sub standard bedsheets
- Paytm launches its own AI cloud for India
- Amazon may pick up stake in hypermarket chain More
- Mitashi mulling doubling sales to Rs 1,000 crore in 3 yrs
- Lifestyle plans to open 20 new outlets
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market