Largest Spencer’s store of Tamil Nadu opens at Tiruchirapalli
One of India’s major multi-format retailers, Spencer’s Retail, has launched its largest store at Tiruchirapalli in Tamil Nadu.
October 13, 2009 | comments ( 3 ) |
One of India’s major multi-format retailers, Spencer’s Retail, has launched its largest store at Tiruchirapalli in Tamil Nadu. The store was inaugurated by Samar Singh Sheikhawat, VP, Marketing and Atanu Batybal, VP, Southern Operations, Spencer’s Retail Limited. Covering a space of 12,000 sq. ft, it is Spencer’s first large format store in Tiruchirapalli and 60th in Tamil Nadu. The new store stocks merchandise in food and grocery, fresh fruits and vegetables, electrical, home and office essentials, basic wear and fashion accessories, toys and personal care. Imported food products and a broad choice in regional preferences are also available at the store. A specialty section on regional and international cuisines and organic foods counter, an extensive fish and meat counter, and variety of food take-away options promise to gratify every variant of the consumers’ shopping requirements. The store also has a refreshment and snacking zone providing a wide range of ready foods like fried and grilled chicken, ice creams and a range of chocolates, pizzas, burgers and fresh bakery. The company plans to open three more large stores in the next eight to ten months focusing on cities like Coimbatore and Madurai.
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores