Liberty steps in to virtual world
Launches its online shopping portal.May 03, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
With the rise in internet penetration, more and more consumers are moving towards online shopping, Liberty too has joined the bandwagon and launched its shopping portal.
Liberty online store is an entirely new approach to shopping for women and men designer shoes and accessories. All merchandise is clearly displayed so that a customer gets a complete presentation of the product including high resolution visuals and all manufacturer information. Browsing is optimised so that a person can find whatever he or she is looking for easily and quickly.
Speaking about expansion plans, Anupan Bansal, Director, Liberty said, “We are taking the proposition of offering great products at great prices to the next level with the launch of our online store. The retail sector is growing at a fast pace with the online shoe shopping emerging as a significant segment, which is expected to reach about 20 per cent by 2015 as per an ASSOCHAM study. With such great potential in the market, we are expecting a good response for our online store. We are looking to ship close to 1500 orders per month on an average to begin with and expect a growth of atleast 100 per cent year on year for the first three years. Since the soft launch, we have already received tremendous buyer traffic on the site which is a sign of things to come.”
Anupam Bansal tells exclusively to Indianretailer.com that Liberty expects to sell 50 pairs everyday which will amount to almost Rs 5 crore in a year. The purpose of setting up this site is to leverage its long term value. The site doesn’t offer any discount
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn