Lilliput to be sold soon
Kids retailer brand to be on the market.February 23, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Indian kidswear brand, Lilliput, is seeing a strong fall in its sales as it embroils in various bitter public battles with private equity investors Bain Capital and TPG. Founder Sanjeev Narula will soon sell the brand and its retail assets.
According to reports, at least five firms, including Mahindra & Mahindra, and private equity funds, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co, Blackstone, L Capital and India Value Fund, have signed non-disclosure agreements to enter into negotiations to buy Lilliput.
The brand Lilliput, its retail assets and liabilities will be transferred to a new company, which will be sold off to a third party. Narula will be left with his two original businesses – garment manufacturing and exports.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India