Liverpool to invest 200 crore for expansion plans
Ahmedabad-based retail chain, Liverpool has earmarked Rs 200 crore to open 100 exclusive footwear showrooms and 50 family stores by March 2011.
October 16, 2009 | comments ( 3 ) |
Ahmedabad-based retail chain, Liverpool has earmarked Rs 200 crore to open 100 exclusive footwear showrooms and 50 family stores by March 2011. Besides, the company is setting up its first garment manufacturing unit and aims to roll out 1,000 exclusive menswear outlets across the country. Planning a massive retail expansion in the next one and a half year, which includes opening of 700 stores by March 2010 and further 300 by March 2011, the company is also looking out to set up 100 exclusive footwear outlets, of which 25 will be set up this year across the country. The company has presence in 22 states in India and one each in UAE and Nepal. Currently, the company has 500 exclusive menswear showrooms, of which 70 are in Gujarat. Last year, the company entered the Limca Book of Records by opening 151 stores in a single day. Liverpool ventured into the readymade garments in 2001 and made its foray into the fashion retail segment in October 2006.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group