Lotto ropes in Columbus
Columbus replaces Sports Lifestyle, who held the license for manufacturing and distributing Lotto’s sports shoes in India
June 07, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Italian sportswear maker Lotto has chosen Columbus Shoes for the manufacture and wholesale distribution of its sports shoes in India, a role which was earlier being handled by Sports Lifestyle.
“From this year onward, Lotto has given the licence to Columbus Shoes for wholesale sourcing and distribution of the shoes range in India,” Columbus Marketing Director, Mr Sandeep Manocha, told PTI.
He said Lotto has chosen Columbus as its new partner for shoes as Sports Lifestyle was not doing well in that business. The company's agreement with Lotto is for the next fifteen years.
“Columbus will not only manufacture Lotto shoes, but also supply to 25 big distributors across the country, who have a collective reach of over 3,000 retail points,” Mr Manocha said.
However, according to Sports Lifestyle, the new arrangement is the result of a tripartite agreement entered into by the three companies involved.
Sports Lifestyle Managing Director, Mr Lalit Kishore said the licences for Lotto’s other products like clothes and footwear other than shoes are still with Sports Lifestyle.
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear