Lotto ropes in Columbus
Columbus replaces Sports Lifestyle, who held the license for manufacturing and distributing Lotto’s sports shoes in India
June 07, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Italian sportswear maker Lotto has chosen Columbus Shoes for the manufacture and wholesale distribution of its sports shoes in India, a role which was earlier being handled by Sports Lifestyle.
“From this year onward, Lotto has given the licence to Columbus Shoes for wholesale sourcing and distribution of the shoes range in India,” Columbus Marketing Director, Mr Sandeep Manocha, told PTI.
He said Lotto has chosen Columbus as its new partner for shoes as Sports Lifestyle was not doing well in that business. The company's agreement with Lotto is for the next fifteen years.
“Columbus will not only manufacture Lotto shoes, but also supply to 25 big distributors across the country, who have a collective reach of over 3,000 retail points,” Mr Manocha said.
However, according to Sports Lifestyle, the new arrangement is the result of a tripartite agreement entered into by the three companies involved.
Sports Lifestyle Managing Director, Mr Lalit Kishore said the licences for Lotto’s other products like clothes and footwear other than shoes are still with Sports Lifestyle.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand ShazĂ© plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group