Luxure reaches Chennai through a Louis Philippe outlet
After launching the Luxure brand in Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai, Louis Philippe, from the Madura Garments (a division of Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd) stable, has introduced the brand in Chennai.
January 06, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
After launching the Luxure brand in Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai, Louis Philippe, from the Madura Garments (a division of Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd) stable, has introduced the brand in Chennai. Recently, Louis Philippe's new 5,500 sq ft store was launched at R.K. Salai, an up market address in Chennai. H. Vishak Kumar, Chief Operating Officer, Louis Philippe speaking about Luxure, at the launch said, “Indian shoppers are ready for such luxury garments. At the stores where Luxure is present, it is contributing 15 per cent of business. Volumes are small, but the value of each garment sold is, indeed, high. Luxure shirts range from Rs 3,500 to Rs 9,900, while suits are in the price band of Rs 16,500 to Rs 65,000.”The luxury market is worth Rs 4, 000 crore which includes brands from all categories at the high-end. According to Kumar, the Louis Philippe brand is growing at a pace much higher than the market.He further states, “50 per cent of the brand's revenue comes from its classic collection (in the price range Rs 1,000 to Rs 3,000), while LP Sport would be 30 per cent and the rest would be from Luxure and accessories.”Madura undertook significant research and worked with a New York-based agency to understand its consumers and also evolve Luxure.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2