Luxury Connect launched
Aims at training, sourcing, consultancy and e-commerce.March 01, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Abhay Gupta, who was earlier working as the Executive Director with Blues Clothing, has resigned from his post to start off his own venture named Luxury Connect.
Luxury Connect will be a service based organisation with a clear focus on luxury, aiming at four verticals, including Luxury Training and Education, Consulting, Luxury E-commerce and Sourcing.
Rajat Bhattacharya, Co-Founder & Chief Sourcing Officer, and Love Ranga, Co founder & Chief Strategy Officer, will support Gupta in this initiative.
The company’s first step would be training and education, for which it has tied up with Italian business school, SDA Bocconi School of Management, to offer training services within India. Under this tie-up, the two will work on developing this sector of education. The schedule foresees a five-day executive learning programme, which will target people already working in the luxury industry, but are not necessarily qualified in the same.
The programme’s main focus will be to provide international as well as local luxury corporate exposure to the students. “Bocconi realises that Indians go on to become top-level managers abroad. Luxury, being a growing yet neglected area in the education field, we chose Bocconi as our partner due to its very special approach towards luxury and its association with the Italian luxury trade body Altagama,” says Abhay Gupta.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021