Luxury Connect launched
Aims at training, sourcing, consultancy and e-commerce.March 01, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Abhay Gupta, who was earlier working as the Executive Director with Blues Clothing, has resigned from his post to start off his own venture named Luxury Connect.
Luxury Connect will be a service based organisation with a clear focus on luxury, aiming at four verticals, including Luxury Training and Education, Consulting, Luxury E-commerce and Sourcing.
Rajat Bhattacharya, Co-Founder & Chief Sourcing Officer, and Love Ranga, Co founder & Chief Strategy Officer, will support Gupta in this initiative.
The company’s first step would be training and education, for which it has tied up with Italian business school, SDA Bocconi School of Management, to offer training services within India. Under this tie-up, the two will work on developing this sector of education. The schedule foresees a five-day executive learning programme, which will target people already working in the luxury industry, but are not necessarily qualified in the same.
The programme’s main focus will be to provide international as well as local luxury corporate exposure to the students. “Bocconi realises that Indians go on to become top-level managers abroad. Luxury, being a growing yet neglected area in the education field, we chose Bocconi as our partner due to its very special approach towards luxury and its association with the Italian luxury trade body Altagama,” says Abhay Gupta.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2