MAX to be rebranded as Auchan
Franchise deal signed is for the development of the hypermarket business in India.August 13, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Max Hypermarket and Auchan Group have signed a franchise agreement for the development of the hypermarket business in India
The existing stores of Max Hypermarket will be rebranded ‘Auchan’ and shall operate under the franchise agreement. Ramanathan Hariharan, Director, Landmark Group, commented, "We are very pleased at this new relationship with Auchan, one of the largest and most successful hypermarket operators in the world.The Landmark Group has agressive growth plans for India, across various verticals ; and we believe that Auchan are the right franchise partners for us, as we continue to set benchmarks in Indian retailing.’
Commenting on the partnership, Viney Singh, Managing Director, Max Hypermarket, said, “We are confident that this new relationship will help our company further enhance the standards of hypermarket retailing in the country, besides strengthening our back-end supply chain and processes. Auchan’s expertise in managing hypermarkets and our understanding of the Indian market will ensure we bring the best of value, choice and experience to our customers.”
"We share with Max Hypermarket, a renowned retailer operator in India, the same vision of business and look forward to sharing our know-how to foster the development of its hypermarkets under our brand. We consider this new franchise partnership in India as a great opportunity for Auchan to enhance its brand on a very high potential market, characterized by dynamism and a strong economic growth ", said Philippe Baroukh, General Manager, Hypermarkets of the Auchan Group.
The existing stores will be rebranded in Q4 of 2012. The partnership is aimed at reinforcing the business objectives of both organisations in providing customers with best of value, choice and experience.
Max Hypermarkets and Auchan plan to open 12 - 15 new stores in a year across various geographies in India.
- TBZ-The Original forays into Bengaluru
- Fabindia launches its flagship Experience Center in Delhi
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO