MFL'S new CEO
Ashish Dikshit named for the position.May 04, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aditya Birla Nuvo has named Ashish Dikshit as the CEO of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle, the country's largest apparel maker.
Dikshit will replace Pranab Barua who has taken over as the business director of apparel and retail divisions at Aditya Birla Nuvo, a Rs 21,000-crore conglomerate of Kumar Mangalam Birla.
He will be a part of the six-member fashion council created to advise the newly acquired Pantaloon’s business. Others in the council will be Kumar Mangalam Birla and Kishore Biyani, Pantaloon Retail (India), MD, Rakesh Biyani and Pantaloon Retail, Executive Director, Kailash Bhatia.
Madura Fashions has also carved out an international brands division, which is expected extend its distribution deal with lifestyle brand Esprit into a joint venture shortly. In calendar 2011, the firm recorded revenues of Rs 2,145 crore.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG