MFL'S new CEO
Ashish Dikshit named for the position.May 04, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aditya Birla Nuvo has named Ashish Dikshit as the CEO of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle, the country's largest apparel maker.
Dikshit will replace Pranab Barua who has taken over as the business director of apparel and retail divisions at Aditya Birla Nuvo, a Rs 21,000-crore conglomerate of Kumar Mangalam Birla.
He will be a part of the six-member fashion council created to advise the newly acquired Pantaloon’s business. Others in the council will be Kumar Mangalam Birla and Kishore Biyani, Pantaloon Retail (India), MD, Rakesh Biyani and Pantaloon Retail, Executive Director, Kailash Bhatia.
Madura Fashions has also carved out an international brands division, which is expected extend its distribution deal with lifestyle brand Esprit into a joint venture shortly. In calendar 2011, the firm recorded revenues of Rs 2,145 crore.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India