MMTC targets 25% growth
To open five stores in Delhi/NCR with an investment of Rs 26 lakh each.
Tags: MMTCApril 23, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
MMTC Limited, a government of India enterprise dealing in bullion trade, on the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya, launched their exhibition-cum-sale. Being organised at Hyatt Regency, Delhi from 21st April – 25th April, the exhibition brings designs from all across the country.
At the launch, Vijaylaxmi Joshi, CMD, MMTC said, “The popularity of jewellery, especially gold, among Indians is never diminishing. Though we saw a setback in the past month, we are only looking at a positive growth this year as well.” During the last exhibition, MMTC saw a business of Rs 35 crore and expect to see the same this year as well.
Furthermore, in the retail segment, MMTC plans to open another five stores in Delhi/NCR this year. “Each store will see an investment of Rs 26 lakh. An ambitious growth target of over 25 per cent is planned for retail products during 2012-13 over the previous year's sales of around Rs 650 crore,” adds Ved Prakash, Director, Marketing, MMTC. MMTC achieved a turnover of about Rs 45,000 crore in the bullion sector.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021